Ashbourne is centrally located in Zone 1 of London’s intricate transport system. The closest underground station is High Street Kensington where you can access the District and Circle lines. One stop away are connections for the Piccadilly line (for the West End and Heathrow Airport) and the Central line. Notting Hill Gate, Lancaster Gate and Paddington underground stations are all within walking distance.
Kensington High Street is served by numbers 52, 49, 11, 28, and 328 to various destinations.
The closest stations are Kensington Olympia (Silver Link Metro, South West Trains), Victoria (take eastbound Circle line) & Paddington (take westbound Circle line).
London’s major railway stations connecting to destinations outside of the capital are, among others:
- Victoria – for the South East
- Paddington – for the South West
- King’s Cross/Saint Pancras – for the North East and Scotland
- Euston – North West
Leaving the UK
The Eurostar departs regularly from Waterloo (30 minutes from Ashbourne) and heads to continental Europe stopping at a huge number of destinations including Paris and Brussels.
- Heathrow Airport – the UK’s largest airport. Access by Piccadilly line
- Gatwick Airport – Access by Gatwick Express train from Victoria Station
- Stansted Airport – Mainly “short-haul” flights. 45 minutes from London by Stansted Express train from Liverpool Street Station