Ashbourne is committed to educating students that want to be taught in an environment that engenders independent learning where students are treated as young adults in a university style environment. Students that continue onto Year 12 at Ashbourne are expected to be able gain a minimum of 6Bs (or equivalent) for their GCSE results and must have a determination to reach and exceed their academic potential. Students are also expected to follow Ashbourne’s Behaviour Policy throughout the year and any disciplinary action or violations of the Behaviour Policy will be reviewed as a condition of entry into Year 12.
The following should be noted:
1) The 6Bs rule does not include subjects where students do not require regular tuition from Ashbourne throughout the academic year to gain a qualification (e.g. their own language)
2) If students do not gain 6Bs or if they have consistently violated the Behaviour Policy (refer to point 5) they will have to apply to continue onto Year 12. To be considered students will have to put their request in writing, by completing the “Progression Application for Existing Students” not later than 31st August, and send their application directly to the Director of Studies, Lee Kirby, email@example.com.
3) A decision about the application will be made within 7 working days of the application.
4) Students that are refused entry into Year 12 will not be liable for the fees for the subsequent academic year.
5) Students who have consistently not adhered to the College’s Behaviour Policy are likely to be asked to apply for entry into Year 12. Violation of the Behaviour Policy and core Ashbourne rules can include but is not limited to: poor attendance (less than 85%), attending lessons late totalling over 250 minutes, and/or a suspension.
Download Progression Application for Existing Students here
|Authorised by||The Principal|
|Effective date of the policy||June 2018|
|Circulation||Teaching staff / all staff / parents / Students on request|
|Review date||September 2019|