As one of the UK’s leading sixth form colleges, Ashbourne has a substantial scholarship fund for A level Music and welcomes applications from students with both the academic, musical qualifications and personal qualities to make a meaningful contribution to college life.
Scholarships are awarded principally for academic or musical achievement, and all candidates should expect to sit a written test or participate in an audition. A history of participation in activities inside and outside of school is also expected.
Music at Ashbourne
Ashbourne College has a thriving Music department and well established Choir run by a graduate of Music from Kings College, London. Every year students across the college are given the chance to showcase their talents in Music, Art, Fashion, Dance and Drama in the annual Revue.
Applicants for an A level Music scholarship at Ashbourne must have:
- 3 GCSEs at grade A* and 3 at grade A;
- Strong oral and written English.
Applicants should also demonstrate:
- An independent and pro-active approach to their career and education;
- The ability to think critically;
- A history of participation in school activities;
- Previously holding a position of responsibility at their former school or college;
- A range of hobbies, interests and achievements outside of school;
- Ambition in their education and personal life.
Ready to take the next step?
To apply or find out more information please get in touch.