Excellent results for Ashbourne’s A level students
Ashbourne students consistently achieve excellent A level results. In 2021 Ashbourne students attained 66% A*/A and over the last ten years, Ashbourne students have attained an average of 47% A*A, 74% A*AB and 89% A*ABC, far exceeding the national average. Set against the tougher standards set by the A level exam boards, Ashbourne’s results are all the more remarkable. Previous years’ results.
A level results – average over 10 years
We are very proud of our students’ achievement and acknowledge the primary importance of their effort. Without their ambition, determination and hard work our college would not be as successful as it is. We believe that our students also benefit from these key factors:
- Our students have high expectations, which are encouraged and nurtured by some very talented teachers.
- Personal and UCAS Tutors spend much of their time with students individually, to monitor their progress constantly throughout the year and to ensure a really confident university application.
- Small classes promote engagement, which is further enhanced by extending the normal teaching time.
- There is competition for places in our upper sixth form; students must reach at least C grade standard at AS before proceeding to the second year of A level. Morale is boosted because the students share similar ambitions and goals.
- Preparation for exams is a priority. Constant regular testing provides a vital benchmark for all.
- Personal Tutors insist on the highest standards in behaviour and academic discipline.
- The College has an informal atmosphere, helping students to develop a sense of independence and responsibility so that they can flourish when they arrive at university.
- Student happiness is paramount; it is rare to find an unhappy student at Ashbourne.
League tables, performance and Russell Group universities
Ashbourne students’ consistently outstanding A level exam results for previous years have helped us to remain in the top two of similar private high schools in London for many years. Ashbourne is also placed in the top 5% of UK schools and colleges that offer A levels as a result of the level of performance improvement we achieve, or ‘value added’. And more than half of our graduates go on to study at Russell Group universities, including Oxford and Cambridge.